Cottonpickers 7 Day USB Pi Timer!
My Pi Timer is launched
This is a USB timer. Simply put the USB power supply on one end, and whatever you want to control on the other and use the LCD screen to program it.
* Daily and Weekly programs
* Repeat Programs with 17 on/off settings
* Manual on/off override with LED to show when on
* Internal Rechargable battery for the clock -keeps time for 6mnths between use
This is PERFECT for all of my
* Timelapse Photography: Just load up the solar Pi case with 4 AA nimh's Your pi and its camera ; connect up the 7 day timer to take a pic every hour then shut down. You could photograph your garden over the whole year. Why not put in a remote location?
* Security camera: Fire up your Pi every night from 2am-3am
* Remote Data logger: Fire up your pi once a week to pull data and send it over 3G to the internet
I'm sure there are lots of other uses. Coupled with my solar Powered Battery Cases you never need to be tied to mains again - control your pi whenever you want.
Will this only work with the Raspberry Pi: No it will work with ANY USB devices - power on and off any USB device you have
Can't I just buy any old 12v timer off ebay and use that with my Pi? Sadly,No.. After modifying many of them unsuccessfully I realise they are not designed for USB - its why this project came into existence to work with the factory to replace the insides with all low voltage components.