Solar Charger Projects

cregy

Solar Charger Projects

Postby cregy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi All

I am intrigued as well as to how people will be using their solar panel. So to kick it off and to make the projects more accessible I have started a new topic.

I have for a long time wanted to start playing with time lapse photography. I don't have the time to sit in one place and watch my equipment so when the PI came along I thought it would be brilliant as a time lapse project. Then when Aaron Hill wrote his Python programme and won the competition I thought we are even closer. After that finding the Cotton Pickers solar panel project was the final piece of the pie. Of course I still need a camera and am purchasing a Panasonic C270 which I am hoping will run of the panel as well. If not I'll double the capacity and hopefully crack it.

Looking forward to posting photos and a time lapse video.

Thanks guys, please post your projects.

Rich

Aikidokajeff

Re: Solar Charger Projects

Postby Aikidokajeff » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 pm

That should be easy achieve using motion. But I do know the pi has limited bandwidth when it cones to USB cameras.
The two I've tried have been very intermittent but then again I've not tried with a powered USB hub.

I can't wait for the pi camera attachment, that should make everything even easier.

Good luck.

Aikidokajeff

Postby Aikidokajeff » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Today will be the first run out for the car pi DVD system.

The solar charger works ok in the car, I probably need to find the best place to sit it.

The pi is configured and ready with lots of kids tv and movies converted for it.

The last piece of he puzzle arrived today in the form of the TP link nano travel router.

I'll try to do a write up tonight and post here and on my site.

Jeff

JefferyWip

Solar Charger Projects

Postby JefferyWip » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Better yet a solar panel roof in the Volt that charges itself while driving or parked ..
lindex.ru/front-partners/kakie-dveri-vhodnye-luchshe-12595131/
trademanagement.ru/images/article/2322/dveri-shponirovannye-dubom.htm

cottonpickers
Site Admin

Postby cottonpickers » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:59 am

I think today their are solar panels in some cars to circulate air while you are out, but I'd love to see cars that trickle charge while parked. Coupled with trickle charging parking bays at work and you could get a meaningful amount of energy into the battery (at least for the UK where most trips are just a couple miles)

Return to “Raspberry Pi Project Discussions”